This message is from: Michele Noonan <fjordl...@hotmail.com>

It's been a crazy year for us at Wild Hair Ranch and unfortunately a year of
firsts, both good and bad

The recent good news is the birth of a long awaited filly. WHR Beyla  Dam: Two
Rivers Kare
and the filly's Sire: MVF Erlend.    We chose her name from Norse Mythology.
She was an elf servant of Freyr.

She is beautiful!  she has the prettiest face of any filly we have ever had
and a keeper for sure!  She gave us a little scare though. We tested her
antibody levels and they weren't as high as they should have been. Also a
first for us!  Of course not low enough to be treated, but enough to make us
paranoid.  Because of this and because a weird vaccination resistant
respiratory virus is going around Western Montana, we have decided to
quarantine the ranch from any horses coming and going, just until Beyla is
2mths old and develops her own antibodies.  We aren't taking any chances.. The
only thing leaving the ranch are sold horses not coming back!  We cancelled
our plans for spring shows and told our friends no trail rides.

The sad note is that after 10 years of foals here at our place we for the
first time, lost one.  We were very sad to lose a filly out of Vies Vilde and
sired by Tico

There was nothing we could have done, it was just one of those things. The
placenta didn't look right, the water bag didn't look right and she wasn't
right.  The mare looks great and I think she knew before we did. She never
went through any serious emotional or physical problems.

We are hoping to try again as we know this mare has had great offspring in the
past.

Our mares were both in great health and have had all their shots and
supplements and our vet said, it was just our turn.  I like it when I can
prevent things and have to understand sometimes I can't.

Dan and Solvi have been such a tremendous help to us in the last year,
offering to breed a mare for us to Tico and leasing us their wonderful mare
Vies Vilde. We are going to get a TICO baby yet!!!

After losing our wonderful young stallion Knutsen Fjord's Soren in July last
year (EPM) we have just had a rough 12 months.  We did purchase his full
brother OFI Skogen from Dan and Solvi Watanabe and he is turning out to be a
beautiful two year old stallion.

We still have 4 very nice yearling geldings for sale. Our red dun Kris (out of
Two Rivers Kare and WHR Elsker) and two brown duns Sired by Anvil's Morgen,
Dam's Britta I and Freya II)
 and one more brown dun Sired by WH Stone and Norway View Gina. The brown duns
are priced at $1000 and Kris (who is the biggest by far) is $1500.

Selling one of them would help pay the vet bill for sure!

We are hoping to update our website soon, I have been having some technical
difficulties.  HAHA. I am sure it's on my part and not the computer or server.
www.Montanafjords.com

Michele Noonan
Wild Hair Ranch
Stevensville, MT