This message is from: "melissa" <ridebaber...@att.net>

Hello

I have Shome Gerd who is coming two in August...
She is coming along in her training and has reached a height of 13h....
Having her here in North Central TX, she has been doing fine in the 7 day
run of very high heat....
When we got her in February, she waited about 2-3 weeks and started shedding
out for over a month.
She has done well, is very quick to figure out things, usually she is
introduced to something and maybe one repeat and she has it down.
It is fun and amazing to sit back and watch her figure out things.
We have had a saddle/synthetic on her back rigged to help her to bend her
neck and get used to everything.  She is going to start working with drive
lines and long line soon.
She is yielding well and has taken to the tack without a problem....she can
tell if you are not paying attention and will play to that if you are slow
on the uptake.
She has not freaked out like other horses, we had a awful hail storm in June
with tennis ball hail on a pole barn roof, she looked up when it started and
went back to eating and was not bothered by it at all.
Now some of the humans present is another story....the sound was so loud you
had to yell to be heard and that was with someone that was standing next to
you.
She has learned fast to stand tied and even doing well with ground tying.
She is now doing great for the farrier and her hooves are great.
She does not like fly spray and we are working on that.
The first of May we moved to a different barn at our boarding facility, that
night she unpinned her stall and went to grazing in a small pasture area
that is unfenced.  We have now rigged her stall with a chain and fast clip
to hold it shut if she gets the pin out.  She did one more time, the next
night, the chain held and she has not pulled the pin since.
Melissa in Fort Worth