This message is from: foxxri...@aol.com

just a note about my personal experiences with BDF and  Gjest...hope this
will add some perspective:
I came to Fjords after 30 years of riding TB/warmblood  crosses in jumping
and dressage. A diagnosis of herniated disks in my neck and  lower back as
well as torn cartilage and ACL’s in both knees made it clear that  I should
look to smaller sensible breeds if I was to continue riding. I was  teaching
therapeutic riding to disabled students using several Fjords that were
owned by the program so I decided to do some research on Fjords.
I contacted Carol since some of the program Fjords had  come from BDF. She
listened and asked a lot of questions and then sent me videos  of some
horses that she thought would be suitable. I ended up buying a gelding  that I
had never seen in person or ridden, based on Carol’s unedited and totally
honest video. My husband, friends and vet thought I’d lost my mind until
King
arrived. He was everything Carol had promised and more.
Later that year my husband and I spent a week at BDF for  their driving
vacation and I got to meet Gjest. He was magnificent…athletic,  well
mannered
and as good a stallion as I have ever seen. After some  conversation and
mentoring from Carol we purchased two mares and left them to be  bred to
Gjest.
We now have two Gjest offspring from those mares, both of  which are
showing great potential.  As well we purchased a wonderful  Gjest daughter,
BDF
Nora  who  produced a great colt last spring, sired by GVF Fernando.
Our first foal was FRF Barnikel who you may have read  about in the Herald
…
he, along with the other babies have Gjest’s athleticism,  forward
movement, great minds and awesome work ethic.. We are privileged to have  had
the
opportunity to carry on his line.
Carol has been there all along to offer advice re our  breeding decisions.
Although I had bred warmbloods before I was a total novice  re Fjords and
her advice has been invaluable. She knows her bloodlines and  characteristics
and truly is a “walking” handbook….in addition she has been  “user
friendly
”
When she told me that she and Arthur were going to have  to put Gjest down
I understood how difficult that would be but totally agreed  that it was the
right decision. No one knew Gjest better than Carol and Arthur  and anyone
who had seen them care for him should understand that they had only  his
welfare at heart.  Letting him  go with dignity and without suffering the pain
of deteriorating health was  without question the honorable thing to do.
Sheila Tweedie
Fox Ridge Fjords