This message is from: brass-ring-f...@juno.com

My Fjord mare has a very round back. The ortho-flex fits her nicely but I
do notice when we go down steep hills, it feels like it is going to tip
way forward. It is English rigging so I can't put a back cinch on it. It
is plenty tight enough. It does not roll side to side, just this pitching
forward feeling on somewhat extreme terrain.

I have had 2 Fjords, both have been hard to fit in that they are so roly
poly. The other horses I have had have been Morgans. Even the most round
ones do not compare to the no-withers-at-all of these 2 Fjords. For the
English saddle on the other Fjord I used the Limpet pad which kind of
bonded with her skin. This Fjord now though, has an itchy problem which
manifests in her rolling as soon as the saddle is pulled off (and 4x
while I was riding her), so I do not want to use neoprene or anything
that makes her sweat (or itch) more.

Just adding my 2 cents worth that - yes - Fjords are hard to fit.

        Valerie
        Columbia, CT