Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 00:19:03 EDT
From: pedfjo...@aol.com
Subject: water drops

This message is from: pedfjo...@aol.com
     Totally agree with Deeana about the pawing first. It USUALLY means to
get moving....NOW ! when in water.

Jeffs horse, Brandy gave no warning. He would sometimes get those " weak
knees " when walking through deep sand or entering a turn-out area, but often
he would drop like a shot in shallow or deep water. When living in CA. we
had the trail system through the Norco riverbeds. It was always an adventure
between the soft deep sand, the river itself, the wild pigs who used to jump
out squeeling at the very worst time.....the heavy bamboo that you had to
lay down over the top of your saddle to get through, and the inmates from the
local prison whos crews you would run into trying to cut back that bamboo
and keep the trail system open.

Boy howdy, my horses were alot more broke there !