This message is from: "Lisa" <l...@lisadesigns.com>

I live in Pure Cowboy Country. NOBODY here wears a helmet, nobody except myself and my kids. We are ridiculed quite often for wearing helmets, but I won't budge. I grew up with a very ornery pony that bucked me off constantly -- this was back in New England, everyone wore helmets there, even in the 70s. My helmet saved my life numerous times. I was bucked off into stone walls, stepped on in the head --everything you can think of.

On the other hand, a neighbor just down the road from me was kicked in the head when handling a stallion and the neighbor died. This happened about 2 years ago. The stallion was supposedly "easy" to handle. I saw the life-flight helicopter fly over my house and take him away. A helmet may have saved his life.

We also had a big story here about a little girl riding a horse during the stock-show -- I think she was three or four. Fell off in a soft arena, no helmet, and now she is brain damaged. Again, on the annual wagon ride, there was a gentleman who took a spill, no helmet, and was killed by the fall.

I continue to wear my helmet, and proudly, in spite of the remarks I get.