This message is from: Amy Evers <fjord...@aol.com>

Me Kint <me.k...@yahoo.com> wrote:

--they want to look pretty/handsome. --I guess they think they don't
ook cool.

As I said before, I have no problem with people wearing helmets. I've heard a
LOT of you on here complaining of negative and disparaging coments because
they do wear helmets. They are outraged because they think someone is
ridiculing or belittling them for choosing ot wear helmets. I agree, it's your
choice, and it should be respected as such. But hey! What's with the double
standard... Why is it (apparently) OK for you to ridicule others for their
choice NOT to wear a helmet?

For most, it has NOTHING to do with looks...(a helmet would probably improve
mine!) In my case, I had a neck & head injury from a roll-over in a pickup.
Now, any extra weight can cause me a lot of pain - even my beloved old cowboy
hat is too much for any length of time. When I go to activities where I am
required to wear a helmet, I wear one without queston, and I suffer the
consequences; neck pain and headaches at the least, back pain, migraine
headaches, costly trips to the chiropractor and doctor at other times. So my
choice not to wear a helmet is as much with my health in mind as your choice
to wear one. I'm certainly NOT going to give up my horses and horse activities
because I can't comfortably wear a helmet. And, I don't like being ridiculed
any more than anyone else does...

Please lets just agree to disagree and drop the subject.

thanks,
Amy

Amy Evers
Dun Lookin' Fjords