This message is from: "ruth bushnell" <fjo...@frontiernet.net>

Hello Brian~
Fjords with white stars can be and are being registered in Canada.

Where in the CFHA bylaws or constitution does it say they "disallow all white markings in their
Registrations of pure bred stock"?

~Eunice Bosomworth

I WONDERED about that claim also, Eunice.. this CFHA page says "a star is only ACCEPTED on a MARE,"
but the page states that this Standard is a copy of the FHI standard...?
http://www.cfha.org/pages/breed-type.php

I checked the FHI site and sure enough, it does say that. (have they recently switched Standards?)

I am curious what the thinking could have been behind the "mare only" requisite?

Could it be possible that they have already unlocked the formula for white spot inheritability?
(I doubt very much).

Ruthie, nw mt US