This message is from: Gail Russell <g...@zeliga.com>

This could be a trimming issue?  Is the farrier putting a mustang roll on
them.  Is he/she trimming them short enough and often enough.  Usually, when
my horses start chipping, they are overdue for a trim and there has been a
small amount of white line separation.

I am currently trimming every four weeks, but even at five week trims, I had
only very minor "problems" with chipping.

Gail Russell

Hi Everyone!My farrier was just out this morning and said my horses hooves
were chipping & cracking due to my dry sandy paddock areas. I've considered
shoeing him but really prefer a barefoot horse. Can any of you recommend a