This message is from: brass-ring-f...@juno.com

You are right Heather, the horse panics when you do. When I first got my
Fjord, I was hand grazing her down a little hill. Suddenly we noticed a
baby crow had fallen from the nest and was hiding in the grass. Baby
crows are huge, this one was almost full grown, with a big beak to match.
The mare started putting her nose over to it and I hollered NO, and she
jumped up the hill. From then on, when she hears a crow cawing, she gets
slightly nervous, and she is not a nervous horse. So I did that to her.
        Valerie