This message is from: "Dave McWethy" <4nh...@gmail.com>

I have metamorphosed (if anyone cares) into the Cinderella Coach Company, specializing in the transport of young girls. I have discovered an exquisite niche in the carriage driving world, which is most particularly, picking young girls up from school at the end of the day. The CCC is looking for young ladies in need of special recognition. I've done it three times now, two elementary and one middle school. This is the scene: I arrive with my pair of white horses, manes carefully trimmed and standing tall, at the end the day, and while the less deserving get on the school bus, our young friend gets on the carriage, joining her mother and me, and off we go. I can't think of anything I can do that has greater impact on someone's life! I'm hooked!

This week I gave a ride to a grandaughter of a friend, a four year old, and thereby too young for school, and besides, school is out, so what am I going to do? The grandmother went ahead in her truck, so it was just the two of us. This was a smart and mature young woman, who could in fact spell her name, who very clearly has a passion for horses. She has many versions at home, but had never ridden in a carriage and never sat on a horse. Aha! Cinderella Coach Company reporting for duty! As we went along she said how she wanted a horse. I told her that mine were for sale, and she looked interested. She said she would take one. I said no, she had to take both, since they are a pair. She said,"Okay", and asked me how much they cost. I was a little surprised to be having this negotiation with a four year old, but she was very clear. I said, "Thousands!" She said, "I don't have thousands." I said, "Talk to your mother." When we got back to the paddock, she had the chance to sit on Solven and ride a hundred feet, supported by her grandmother.

We were both having a right good time.

Dave