This message is from: Robin Churchill <rbc...@yahoo.com>

I never had any problems but try not to clip their legs close and except for
the very old mare I have now, did not clip my other two fjords in the summer.
In my experience, it seems that compared to other horses, fjords are less
likely to get skin problems with their legs I assumed because of the thickness
of the hair and skin. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but their skin is
thicker than other horses which you can tell when you try to give them an
injection. You really have to be committed to get the needle quickly through
the skin of a fjord.

Robin in very rainy SW florida