This message is from: Lauren Sellars <sn...@nethop.net>

Fjords rarely have abscess problems. The two times that it did happen here I had the vet find the exact location . Then I put a heavy layer of bentonite clay over the spot duct tape it on. Over night it was cured. We also use bentonite on wasp stings. It just sucks poison right out. Amazing and cheap stuff. You can buy it in a wine making shop. just add water .
Good luck
Lauren

mypump...@windstream.net wrote:
This message is from: <mypump...@windstream.net>

Hello List. I have gotten only 1 or 2 digests in a couple weeks, so I am
wondering if there is a technical problem or is everyone out riding or driving?

Anyhoo, Willi has an abcess again. Same foot, left front if it matters, that
had one in March. This is going on 3 weeks. We soaked and soaked in his own
personal Hoofcuzzi, and poulticed with Animalintex for about 2 weeks. I did
have an x ray taken after about a week, and saw the abcess and no bone chip or
whatever else. One week ago tomorrow, I switched to a Magic Cushion poultice,
and his lameness worsened significantly overnite. Hmmm, we thought, this is
drawing out the junk. Vet came Saturday, brought his farrier friend, and they
hoof tested and scraped, and determined the abcess had moved from the point of
the frog, over to the side, like at about 10-11:00 so to speak, on the hoof,
same place as last time. They made the soft spot bleed, but no infection came
out. We repoulticed with Magic Cushion. Willi is as lame as a duck. Bad. Really.