This message is from: <mypump...@windstream.net>

Hello List. Willi Fjord is up and about, trying to coordinate his front end
with his back end. He has had a monster size pee, so that is good.

It was not a tumor. It was an infection that had eaten away at the coffin bone.
He has a hole at the apex of his frog the size of between a quarter and a half
dollar. He is on antibiotic, and they are culturing the yuck to see how better
to treat it. We have 2 hurdles to overcome. Well 3 I guess. The coffin bone may
break before it re-calcifies. The infection may spread to the joint. We need to
be granulating and showing healthy tissue in a couple weeks to a month.

He gets his hospital plate on Thursday I think. Maybe late tomorrow. He is
bandaged up to stop the bleeding right now. He still looks to come home
Thursday.

We will never know the cause of this. The vet's best guess was that it had been
going on for months. He told me to stock up on Elastikon, sterile gauze pads,
saline solution, and duct tape. They will show me what to do with the hospital
plate when they put it on. The good news is that his hoof wall was not
affected, and his laminae are fine.

If you could continue to hold good thoughts for my Big Butter Cookie, I would
appreciate it. I was hoping for tumor removal, done and over, lots of nursing
care, and a healthy horse. I go back for visiting hour at 4, so if there is
anything new I will let you know. Thanks for everything.

Kathy in SC and Wm Fjord in NC, who is wondering why he can't remember the
party, what's all this stuff on my hoof, and where the heck is Horsekeeping
with my breakfast, dammit.