This message is from: "ursula jensen" <ujen...@junction.net>

Congratulations to all the Fjord participants at the Carriage Classic! I
have long believed the best way to promote the Fjord breed is to get out
there and enter into open all breed shows of any discipline. A good place to
start of course is at the local Fjord Breed Shows where there is help and
support from other owners and breeders.

    It is nice to hear that Fjords are showing extension in their trots
while driving. There always was one more gear in a Fjord at a trot which
some folks have never found. Sambar, our foundation stallion, now 23, first
showed it to me coming home on our local road when he was three years old. I
was quite taken with the change of frame and pace. Ursula and I now have
verbal commands to ask for it when requested in a class or on the road.

    I have heard the two Pacific Northwest Shows were a success this summer
along with the Canadian Interior Provincial Exhibition in B.C. I can see
that Fjords and their handlers/owners have raised the bar yet again in
quality of performance. Hats Off!!

Brian Jensen