This message is from: jern...@mosquitonet.com

 Ruthie,

your "brutal winter" seems mild to us...-20 here today, was -30 last week.  my
Fjords are doing fine, old Bjarne,35 and Stella, 33, get their senior feed with
joint supplements as a warm mash, Bjorken, 23, gets some too, but he is a bit
too
fat.  They all are fat, and have a heated water tank for water.  Plenty of hay.
They do great here, and we have had much colder weather in other winters and I
am
sure will get some -40's before it is over.  Not much wind, tho so that IS a big
factor.

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, with cold -20's after the freezing rain and ice storm
two weeks ago.