This message is from: Robin Holland <robin.holl...@murraystate.edu>

Dear Fjord Digest,

In addition to our study on the inheritance of white markings in the Fjord,
we are also looking at the Fjord pedigree/population as a whole. Being the
Fjord breed has such an excellent record of pedigrees, it is ideal for
looking at population genetics.

As we are interested in looking at the Fjord population from a broader
perspective, we wanted to begin by obtaining some incite from Fjord
breeders/owners. In your own opinion, which do you feel more
attention/emphasis should be placed on when making breeding decisions, the
stallion or the mare? You are more than welcome to reply to us directly,
either at my email (robin.holl...@murraystate.edu) or the professor I am
working with (everett.we...@murraystate.edu), or if you would like to
discuss the topic reply here on the digest. We would just like to have a
feel for how different people who work with Fjords feel about the roles
stallions and mares play in breeding decisions.

Thanks you so much! Happy Fjording! :)

--
Robin L Holland
8510 Springer College