This message is from: Caroline Warren <caroline.war...@att.net>

I don't always believe the weight tape. If I weigh my 14.2hh mare before and after a workout, she can lose 50 pounds after the exercise. She always weighs more before a workout. Last week I weighed her and she was 1128 pounds--I was mortified, but this week she was back down to 1078, her normal weight. I figure if I can feel the ribs, she's OK, especially in the winter. I don't think it's a good idea to put them on a diet during cold weather, as I think it makes them very anxious. Unless the horse is, as the MDs call it, "morbidly obese."

Caroline Warren
Chico CA, where we will be basking in the 60s this weekend (and baking this summer)