This message is from: Karen McCarthy <weeg...@hotmail.com>

"...I specifically went to an instructor who teaches canter from the walk.
She says it's easier for the
horse to organize her feet for canter from walk rather than trot, and I
believe she's right."

AMEN to the above...I have come to believe in this idea & always teach a horse
to canter from the
 walk. If you do all your basics correctly, and don't make a big deal about
it, they get it, and don't
 get all rushy, stumbly and overall panicky like they do when you ask them to
pick it up from a trot. I think
 they are much more balanced, at least initially and then the get strung out,
but the horses eventually
get stronger and more confidant.
Good job Karen, glad you both had a nice positive outing at the show!