To: "Fjordhorse list" <fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 7:50 AM
Subject: OT -- unwanted thoroughbred mares, advice pls.

This message is from: "coy...@acrec.com" <coy...@acrec.com>

An acquaintance who lives near Rochester, Minnesota, has told me about 25 unwanted younger registered Thoroughbred brood mares. The owners are planning to sell these horses for slaughter if they cannot find an quick way to pass them on someone else.

According to my acquaintance, the owners are willing to give the horses away. The original owner died, and the kids apparently just want to get rid of them. Does anyone know of a reputable horse rescue or other horse group in southern MN that could be of help? Or other concrete ideas I can pass on that might be helpful to the owners to find reasonable homes for these horses?

Please, I don't want this topic to turn into an emotional judgmental wrangle. Basic, concrete information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all. --DeeAnna

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6353 (20110805) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 6353 (20110805) __________

http://www.eset.com