From: DMTFarms FjordFarm <dmtfa...@gmail.com>
Subject: Harnesses and Things for sale
To: fjordhorse-dig...@angus.mystery.com
Date: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 8:36 PM

This message is from: DMTFarms FjordFarm <dmtfa...@gmail.com>

I normally lurk, and thoroughly enjoy it.

I've moved to Wenatchee, WA and have been able to trail ride for hours from
my barn driveway.  My friend and I go out at least 2 hours most days.  I
come back sore, but my fjord girl just loves it.
We have attempted some very narrow trails.I've jumped off twice, due to not
being comfortable on the narrow trail or my girl dropped two feet off the
trail, and I didn't want to challenge (myself) any further.  All my life I
wanted to be able to go mile upon mile and get to where I can't see
civilization.  Now that I can, I feel great.  And riding so much uphill and
down hill works my core muscles as much as my horses.

The only problem with taking a fjord uphill is there's no mane to hold
onto.  I promised Honey I wouldn't cut her mane till next year.  That way
I'll have something to hold on to.

When I don't ride, I drive, however I have to do it on the city streets.  We
do get a lot of attention.  She takes it all in stride.

We are down to one fjord and I do need to let some things go.

I have a great cart for sale.  48 in. wheels, painted red (a little sports
car) ($400.00)
The great thing about this cart is that the seat and basket are attached to
the shafts, not the wheels,
so the seat does not get the road and hole bounce.,  The shafts go back to
the axle, and the seat attaches to
the shaft via a great iron leaf spring contraption.  It is very
comfortable.  Fits in the bed of a truck, but not between the wheel wells.

I('m keeping my 4 wheeler)

I'm also selling two harnesses.  One is excellent leather,  I have shown
with it, but it really would do as a daily harness.  Dark brown leather.  I
think that bridle has a 5.5 inch liverpool with a great feel.  It is not
stainless, nor is it copper, but my mare really likes it.  Harness fits a
13.2 to 15 hand fjord. ($125.00 w/o bit.  150 with)

I also have another harness, some patten leather touches to it.  More fine
harness style than work.  This harness does not have the tugs or shaft
holdback straps. Don't know where they went. but we have moved a few times.
The bridle has a 6 inch liverpool bit. ($75 w/o bit.  $100 with)

A pair of Old mac boots size 7.  Only used once each.  Needed them for when
our previous fjord lost a shoe. (50.00)

2 western cinches - size 36 and 32. (10 ea.)

1 -14 in. western saddle 1/2 bars - Brand New.  Never Used. (150.00)

A pair of Dahner field boots, size 9. (100.00)

A pair of Justin boots 8 1/2 medium. (25.00

1 pair of 1 inch draft lines - leather (40.00)

1 pair of brown 1/2 inch driving lines - leather (20.00)

matching red harness pads (saddle & breast collar) (10.00)

blue harness saddle pad (5.00)

1 white dressage non slip mesh saddle pad (15.00)

Can't think of what else.  Trying to get down to one draft harness, one CDE
harness, and limited extras.

If I need to ship, you pay it.  I'll let you know,  If you want to bundle
things together, great!!

And happy Trails to you all.

Mel Thomas

Have you hugged your Fjord today?