Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 11:47 AM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: bridle rub

This message is from: "Debby" <miss.am...@earthlink.net>

What kind of bridle, the material?  Had the hair been rubbed off also?
I know when Ynde gets sweaty at the ears, she will rub till the hair is off
and the skin shows, and it is dark skin, not pink. Sounds as if yours as gone
a step further and a bit raw.
If the bridle is nylon, which are hard to clean, could be the cause.  If its
leather, with some having a rough underside that comes in contact with the
horse, could be that?  those too are hard to clean.
You have to really use some soap and water to clean the sweat off of them,
just using a wet rag won’t do it. Or could she be possibly using some soap
that is too rough for this ones skin?  I can’t use iodine based soaps on
Ynde but can use the blue surgical type soaps, its milder for skin sensitive. And then to make sure you use a dry towel to dry the area after rinsing well.
Hope some of this helps.
Debby in Tx