This message is from: jern...@mosquitonet.com

Gail,

Bjarne had a penicillin resistant infection in his shoulder, which resulted in
an
abscess.  Have they cultured the bacteria from the abscess?  The vet put a
drain in
the incision and I flushed it daily for two weeks until there was no longer any
bacteria present.  A drain would probably be helpful since it recurs when it
closes
up! they foreign object may well be a splinter of wood which would not show up
on
x-rays!

Jean