This message is from: Cynthia Madden <cynthia.mad...@gmail.com>

Hi Debby
Unfortunately I have seen (especially in quarter horse country) that
trainers do not listen to what Fjord owners tell them about their horse's
diet, personality and training needs.  They just don't get it. I would look
for a mule trainer because Fjords are as smart and self-protective as mules
and need to learn by persuasion and patience. Quarter horse trainers and
those of other breeds are working with animals that are not as smart as the
trainer and can be pushed around. I had a local Arab trainer want to help
me with Teddy and I wouldn't consider it as I had seen how she trained and
she had offered to work with Tank telling me she could straighten him out
in a week!

I took Teddy (Starfire Chiron) back to Starfire Farm and had wonderful
results from Beth's training methods. Unfortunately that is a little far
for you. Again, I might try to talk with someone who trains mules.

--
Cynthia Madden
Las Cruces, NM

 cynt...@carriagehorse.com

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses.  ~Herman
Melville, Redburn. His First Voyage, 1849

          *() ()*