 From: Me Kint <me.k...@yahoo.com>
To: Fjord
List <fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:31 PM
Subject: Bolting

This message is from: Me Kint <me.k...@yahoo.com>

Susan,
Phil's advice is the best, never ride on a loose rein.  Always maintain a
gentle contact.  I learned the hard way this is the best strategy.  I  in my
early years rode with a loose rein until a bad accident (long story but
someone dumped a dead cow where I always safely(?) Rode.  If you maintain
contact it is much easier to maintain control if something comes up. I also
highly recommend desensitizing exercises which Clinton Anderson teaches to get
your horses thinking rather than being reactive.  You can prepare your horse
for success.  A horse/Fjord is a horse, this can happen with any breed.  You
have to work with them and prepare them for success and you can't just sit
there and be a passenger, you have to be the leader and be in control.
Mary
>From Mary's iPad

Important FjordHorse List Links:
Subscription Management: