Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 4:44 PM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: animal rugs and registry

This message is from: "Debby" <miss.am...@earthlink.net>

For my ownself, I’d not have an animal rug or blanket or animal head on my
wall.  But I do ride in a leather saddle, and I prefer leather harness for
driving. I also wear a pair of leather shoes as they are wide and I need wide and can’t find a synthetic riding shoe that is comfortable for my arthritus
foot.

And I don’t eat meat, nada even fish or chicken.  When I tell people I
don’t eat meat, they always say, “what about fish, chicken”. I don’t
share usually, it just comes up as I’m offered dishes with meat or if I go
somewhere to eat, I have to ask if there is “meat” in the way of chicken
stock, like some soups.
I don’t care if anyone else eats it, just not in my house or in the car with
me.
Its my choice, for my own personal reasons, to not eat meat/muscle. I do eat
cheese some, I don’t eat eggs, but I do eat cakes and slice and bake
cookies, which would have eggs in them.  My daughter is pretty much vegan.
And no leather anything.

I am against animal slaughter for meat.  I guess if there were a vote to ban
eating meat, you’d know what side I’d be on. But I won’t throw names or
call meat eaters killers/murderers.  Its my choice, my right, your choice,
your right.  Just wish we could have good open minded discussions without it
becoming “political”. FWIW, when I lost my Herbie and Langster, I washed
and braided their tails and cut them off before they “left” me.  Had
Herbies for 3 yrs., the plan was to make a bracelet, band for a hat.  But I
can’t seem to part with his/their tails.   I have my old horses forelock
too.  And his and Langsters ashes.  One can have them cremated too.  A bit
pricey, but its an option that I chose.

As far as the registry.  I think if doing a DNA test proves this horse is
indeed a full breed fjord, then there should be someplace on the registry for this horse, even if separate from those proven and registered. As far as the
mention of geldings being registered...the little guys weren’t born
geldings.  And even so, they have “mom” and “dad”, and all had to
still be DNA tested. Was a lot of paperwork and cost to get my Ynde reg. when
she was born.

I don’t think it right for a non proven horse because he looks like a fjord
to be registered, without some positive proof.  That’s my own opinion of
which I’m allowed.
Debby in Tx

FH-L Shirts: http://tinyurl.com/8yky94l