This message is from: Steve McIlree <st...@carriagehorse.com>

Oops! The first time I sent this I overlooked the fact that the word
e-n-c-o-d-i-n-g is one of the verboten ones that gets filtered out.

It came to me that perhaps the problem was contained in the character
e-n-c-o-d-i-n-g  being used by the various email clients. Here is a
possible answer I have been able to run down so far. This is from Microsoft

WLMail 2011 automatically ‘smartens’ apostrophes and quotation marks,
substituting typographers’ marks for the ones you may be used to.Check
your* International
Settings* at Options > Send (press Ctrl-Shift-*O* to open the*O*ptions
sheet). If the default is set to Unicode, WLMail will transmit Unicode
characters for apostrophes and quotation marks (and a few other characters)
which will display wrongly when read by the recipient using a non-Unicode
e-n-c-o-d-i-n-g . If you normally write in English or another Western
language, set the default *Send*  e-n-c-o-d-i-n-g  to, say, Western
European (Windows).

If you use a serif font for composing that clearly shows the difference
between the two types of character, you should be able to spot the
substitution when it happens. When it does, Backspace, Ctrl-Z or a click on
the *Undo *button will reverse the change.

To read received messages showing weird characters, click the  *
E-n-c-o-d-i-n-g* * *button on the *Home *tab and select, say, Unicode
(UTF-8).

This last should also work for those receiving strange characters if your
email client will allow you to change the character
e-n-c-o-d-i-n-g to UTF-8.

--
Steve
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought