This message is from: Gail Russell <g...@zeliga.com>

Where are you located?  I understand wanting to have like-minded horse friends
and it is not always easy.  One thing you can do that has all kinds of fun
possibiities for you and your horse is clicker training.  However, finding
local people who do not think you are nuts is not easy.

Gail in Forestville CA and Cedarville CA

. She and several others (in a
group that has really welcomed me here) are encouraging me to learn
with them. I doubt they would say they follow a single school or
expert, but they think highly of some of the natural horsemanship
people and others including Marion Weisskopff and Mark Bolender. Some
of the principles they seem to follow include more of a shared
leadership style with their horses and work with looser reins. I know
this is oversimplified, but I feel pulled in two directions. I want to
learn and maintain good relationships with these great women, I like
the idea of my horse having interesting opportunities (she is--of
course--curious) and I don't want to confuse her or make choices that
harm her physical or mental well-being.

Alice