This message is from: Gail Russell <g...@zeliga.com>

But, do you not agree that it is worthwhile to provide some support for the
stallion owner by asking for documentation that the breeding was paid for.  My
policy proposal would, in this circumstance, avoid having to look inside the
transaction except when there was a standard breeding contract.

Admittedly, even with a pre-breeding contract, should the NFHR really have to
get into things like, "did the check bounce for the breeding payment" or, is
the breeding contract impermissibly vague.

You might have a point for excluding the stallion owner from the entire
registration process given the wonders of DNA.  Or...providing a relatively
easy "registration by exception" procedure...which is maybe what the current
registration procedure requires.

I am crossposting this  to the other Fjord list because I really would like to
see discussions of this as a POLICY issue.
I suspect everyone thinks I am opening up a can of worms, but it seems to me
that we have a legitimate reason to look carefully at the policy.

I left Ruthie's entire message deliberately, as I think it is worth being able
to look at the complete point she is making.

I BELIEVE it is not the business of the NFHR to interpret private treaties
in individual transactions, to champion one party or position over another.
This kind of partisan tinkering can only detract from the big picture,
which is promoting the Fjord horse and expanding a strong breed association.

I believe if we simply remove the people equation of this registration
dilemma,
and focus on the welfare of the Fjord offspring, we can see immediately that
we
need to be about the business of the REGISTRY; which is registering Fjord
horses
for the posterity of the Fjord breed in general. All that is necessary is the
DNA.

__._,_.___

Change settings via the
Web<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FjordIssues/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdmF0djFyBF9TA
zk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzkxMjY0NDcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA3NDY0MzEyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bm
dzBHN0aW1lAzEzMzEwNTA3NDg-> (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily
Digest<mailto:fjordissues-dig...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20
Digest> | Switch to Fully
Featured<mailto:fjordissues-fullfeatu...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Del
ivery%20Format:%20Fully%20Featured>
Visit Your Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FjordIssues;_ylc=X3oDMTJkajJpcTBiBF9TAzk3NDc2N
TkwBGdycElkAzkxMjY0NDcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA3NDY0MzEyBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwZgRzdGltZQ
MxMzMxMDUwNzQ4> | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> | Unsubscribe