This message is from: Jimaryjmh <jimary...@aol.com>

I have tried for years to get off the list ???  Please help???

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Churchill <rbc...@yahoo.com>
To: fjordhorse <fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
Sent: Fri, Apr 20, 2012 9:24 pm
Subject: Another confirmed case of rabies in a horse in SW Florida

This message is from: Robin Churchill <rbc...@yahoo.com>

We have had a second case of confirmed rabies in a horse in our area in the last 2 months.� There was no documented history of vaccination in the horse who became ill last Friday and died on Sunday. Approximately 8-10 people were exposed and are receiving post-exposure prophylaxis which apparently costs more than $2000 for people who are uninsured or whose insurance will not pay
for it. The health department in our county no longer provides it due to
budget cuts. If you purchase or somehow acquire a new horse, ask for
documentation of the horse's vaccinations. It is unwise to take someone's word that the horse's vaccines are up-to-date as the owner of this horse did. It is also prudent to keep new horses separated and minimize exposure to people and
other horses until you are sure that they are healthy and they have been
vaccinated.� Keep your horses and yourself safe and vaccinate them for rabies
annually.

Robin in SW Florida

FH-L Shirts: http://tinyurl.com/8yky94l