This message is from: laurie with <livingi...@q.com>

thanks, everyone. jean, i would have no problem with letting him walk with the
kids. but…..we are at a dressage barn, and i am not sure if she would go for
that. part of our agreement is that he is used for lessons for the kids and
beginners, but if he can't be, she's going to charge me to take lessons that i
don't want to and can't afford to take. i'm not saying i am anywhere near a
perfect rider, but at my age i don't plan to show in dressage and simply can't
afford the extra cost. the owner can be a nut case, nice one day, bitchy the
next, so it's hard to deal with her unless you can tell what kind of day she is
having.

i have found an ideal place to keep in, same distance from my house. it's small
and private, no lessons required (no instructor) and very well maintained,
which i can't always say for the place i am now. i stay where i am because my
best friend rides there. however, if i need to move him, this place is ideal.
small, only 8 stalls and they are looking for a few more boarders. the only one
they have now is 70 years old and has a 25 year old arabian. i should fit right
in. and the board is less, also.

he IS on outside board with lots of trees and a shelter, so in answer to the
heat problem, i have no choice to bring him in.

On Jul 2, 2012, at 2:59 AM, fjordhorse-digest wrote:

> Hi Laurie,
>
> If you retire Oz, could he still be used for the younger kids to walk around
> on and
> they could learn to groom, etc?  Seems like that would give him something
> that he
> could do...
>
> Jean i

laurie with