This message is from: jadeb...@aol.com

     It's been pushing 100F all this week in SE MI with matching humidity so I
sympathize with Mary in MN!  This is really the only kind of weather that puts
Braveheart, Bogie and I out of the game.  BH is a tough boy and we've been
trying to get ready for Cedar Rapids to avoid disgracing the family name but,
as it turns out, we've taken most of this last week off.  Both of us have been
dripping sweat just from walking from my trainer's barn to the indoor
arena...never mind the 8-10 miles we usually like to do with the buggy down
the local roads.  Bogie is at home and has been spending most of his days
outside.  I have a small barn (3 stalls and a tack room)  so I just leave the
back door and his stall door open so he can come and go as he likes.  The
water is in the barn and he has hay and grass outside so he's muddling
through.  Still, he's pretty sweaty by dinner time so I rinse him off before
he retires to his stall for the night.  I know lots of folks would just leave
him loose like that all the time but I feel better knowing he's in his stall
at night.  There's no real reason for feeling that way.  We don't have wolves
and/or bears (see Mary and Jean) and I really do know that no stall guarantees
that the pony contained therein will be safe from everything.  I guess I just
feel better when he's in his room at night.  Truthfully, since I can't see the
pasture or barn from my house, I worry more about the activities of my fellow
man than I do about roving bands of rampaging raccoons.
     Anyhow, they're saying that day temps are going back to the 80s and night
temps to the 60s this week so I guess the honeymoon will be over for all of
us...and I'm really glad!  Bogie will miss uninterrupted leisure but BH is
bored and I am SO tired of my jeans sticking to every inch of me!
     To cooler days...in Cedar Rapids too, I hope!

Kay
and Braveheart, who'd be twiddling his thumbs if he had thumbs
and Bogie, who believes that hot days (with an evening bath) are not too high
a price to pay for total sloth
-----Original Message-----o