This message is from: Kristen L Andersen <kris...@kristenandersen.com>

My mini gelding has an extremely think mane and came to me with a "broken" crest. It droops to the right side.

-Kristen

On Jul 29, 2012, at 2:37 PM, Mary Ofjord wrote:

This message is from: "Mary Ofjord" <ma...@boreal.org>

If that were true, wouldn't the Shetlands crests fall over if their manes got long, or the Icelandics? Also, one of the PRE (Pura Raza EspaƱola) horses in the production of Cavalia, an older stallion, has a fallen crest that flops over. His mane is still long, and he's still a proud horse. I was under the impression that the Fjords manes were cut to emphasize the arch of the neck and show off the midstol. Not every Fjord's manes are heavy, some are down right skimpy.

I'm wondering letting these heavy manes to fall naturally can cause the crest to start to fall also..my farrier thinks the manes are just so heavy that's
probably why the manes have to be cut...any info on this?

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 7338 (20120729) __________

http://www.eset.com

FH_L Shirts: http://tinyurl.com/8yky94l