This message is from: Gail Russell <g...@zeliga.com>

I have chow hound horses out on a dry lot right now with a hanging 1 inch Cinch
chix net, and a 1 or 1 1/4 inch Nibble net.  Also a Porta Grazer.  The horses
emptied the Nibble Net and the Porta Grazer overnight, but the Cinch Chix net
is still full.  Of course, it had more in it, but I think it is telling that it
is the last to empty.

Gail Talking:

One problem with the really slow feeders is that they stand around a lot
because it takes so long for them to eat. .  And I think you are in a humid
climate where you might not want to put a bale of hay on the ground that would
not be consumed in a day or two.  Tentatively, my recommendation is to make a
couple of my barrel feeders and hang them from posts spread about a little so
they have to walk between them.

Also, if you are in a sandy area, you have to make certain the fines of the hay
that will be knocked onto the ground go onto a surface or into a tub that does
not have sand in it.

Gail