This message is from: Rose or Murph <roseormu...@ywave.com>

I had a very good time with my mare this evening. With our daylight hours and
good weather dwindling, I have been trying to get as many rides as I can.

I wanted to ride today, but just felt plain tired after working all day. I
believe my real fatigue came from my flu shot I got yesterday. Oh we'll, I
decided to go because I have found many times, once I am up in the saddle, all
the work to get there is worth it, the rushing home from work, trailering,
tacking up, untacking, drive back home, unload, muck, and feed.

I managed to get saddled up with plenty of daylight to spare, but noticed my
mare seemed a little cranky, maybe my rushing around just plain bugged her. We
are very tuned in to each other and I notice every expression on her face.

I got on and headed out to walk the trails.   i then felt the joy in my mare,s
stride as she took a deep breath and exhaled. I just let go of the reins and
rode on the buckle. It was one of those pristine moments where I completely
understood, my horse just wanted to go out for a walk, and was probably tired
of waiting for me fussing around. She was no nonsense, and just wanted to go,
so we did. We both just relaxed, and enjoyed each other and our surroundings at
dusk. What a special fjord she is.

Rosemary and Farra, in Roy wa.