This message is from: Sam Banks <sam.ba...@cox.net>

Hi Robin,
I have used the older Old Macs, the Easy Boot Epics and the Renegades. I did not like the Old Macs, as they fit too loose and could spin, and they wore out some nylon strap-hardware areas very quickly. The Renegades are super easy to put on and not as hot as the Easy Boots, so I use them in the summer for trail riding. I've had the velcro come loose as the brush can rip off the little keepers, so I can't count on them for fox hunting. I think they have improved the straps recently, so I haven't tried those. For fox hunting and going off the trail through brush, I like the Easy Boot Epics the best. They stay on, even if the buckle on the front gets popped open. They do generally fit an oval foot better (they were designed for Arabians and endurance horses first I think) than a really round foot, but the gaiter helps stabilize the boot. Easy Boots are not super easy to put on, though. If you are riding on groomed trails and fields, I'd suggest the Renegades.
     Sue Banks