This message is from: Karen McCarthy <weeg...@hotmail.com>

Sherrie, it's pretty serendipitous (sp?) that you posted this today.There is a
young woman who lives about an hr. from us in Sisters, Or who is looking for a
Fjord. She knows a friend of mine Maggie McLaughlin. Maggie has Fjords too and
we drive together quite a bit. Anyways, this girl met and fell in love w/ a
Fjord gelding who was one of the therapy horses in a program at Healing Reins
in Bend, Or.(The horse is actually a gelding named Axel that Maggie donated to
thier program.) I have met the young woman once last summer, she was w/ her
mom hanging out at a driving clinic I was participating in. I belive the girl
is emotionally disturbed/autistic, though when I met her she was very with-it
and really enjoyed interacting w/ my mare Imilie, who liked her attentions.
She advanced well enough in the program at Healing Reins that she no longer
qualifies to get therapy there. She can ride all the gaits, did some dressage
etc, but just enjoys trail riding.Out of the blue yesterday they called me
asking if I knew of any horses for sale. I know they don;t have much money but
can offer a decent home (they say), which I would be very willing to go check
out. Personally I think that everything is worth something and having to pay
for a horse gives it value...in this case maybe they could pay a nominal price
to the owner and pay for having the horse shipped. It's a long shot but
thought I'd let you know.My phone is: 541.460.3700Their contact info is:
Katherine Bell, her daughter, Megan, 541.549.5009 Hope you and Ron are doing
well, and still get to get out w/ the ponies. I am just getting some ponies
going as the weather has been pretty nice for the past week.Let me know what
you think,Karen

:: Karen McCarthy :: Great Basin Fjords :: Madras, Oregon ::