This message is from: divingduoandcor...@comcast.net

Sharon - based on the recommendations here I started using Red Cal about 7
mos ago.   I also used his Hoof Check.   I am continuing the Red Cal and
starting to use Farriers Formula (smartpak has this too).  The fronts appear
to be improving, and shoer said the fronts are feeling more solid to nail
into.... but waiting for the hinds to GROW!  LOL  I did trail ride on Friday
in EZ boots behind and she did great.   My trail buddy  had to keep
trotting to keep up (LOL) I think that Soph missed being out...she "power
walked" out in front the whole time (she usually prefers not to lead).

An interesting fjord side story... people think I am an amazing horse person
(or crazy) that I  put plastic bags on Soph's feet when trying on new EZ
boots for final selections.... of course, since Cheryl Belliard bred my mare
and Beth Beymer started her for Susan...I can take no credit!!  Except for
the fact that since she is so good about everything that I just "assume" that
she will be ok with most things and so I don't have or transfer anxiety - I
LOVE this horse!   :-)

Of course, in true Fjord fashion, she did try to grab the plastic bag ....
usually they contain carrots :-)

Thank you all for your input!!   I am trying to be careful with her footing
and being patient...which is really hard where she is concerned.

Beth Merrill, Bob, the Corgis and the Fjord