This message is from: Kathleen Spiegel <spiek...@isu.edu>

my mule is nothing if not a long eared fjord.   Self preservation, a
certain need to be convinced rather than coerced and a love of food.  both
are extremely lovable and probably closer to the wild type of horse than
the domesticated form, although they have been domesticated for ages.

I recently sold one of my best fillies, who of all of my fjords showed the
most pormise as a laid back kids horse. The purchaser returned her after
three months.  Although he cited helath reasons, in talking to him, I found
out she had developed a habit of kicking when cornered, chasing his cows
and his dogs, testing his fences and wanting to eat everything. all very
mulelike.  Of note, this was his only horse on the place.   The mule is
herd protector, taking on any thing that is not in her herd, whether
coyote, dog or moose.  He returned her as a suspicious high strung filly,
but she is calming down.