This message is from: Rovena Kessinger <ro_k...@yahoo.com>

Yea it's funny someitmes, some animals seem so smart about some things, but so
dumb about others that really seem obvious.

--- On Sat, 6/22/13, Cindy B Giovanetti <cin...@ipi.org> wrote:

From: Cindy B Giovanetti <cin...@ipi.org>
Subject: Re: mules & more............
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Date: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 5:12 PM

This message is from: Cindy B Giovanetti <cin...@ipi.org>

Cindy said:

<<A horse is a horse.  They are complicated, big, prone to panic, not too
bright (by human measurements) . . . >>

Ro said:

<<I think they are bright.  :)  I've been so amazed at how smart they
are.
Before I was around them very much, I figured they weren't very smart.>>

But wait!  I qualified my "not-bright" comment with by human measurements.

For example, a horse might feel entrapped, and see a partially-open gate,
not nearly big enough for a horse to go through; but he might think,
somehow, that if he runs fast enough, he can squeeze through it.  That's
the kind of "not bright" I'm talking about.  I know in "horsey ways," they
are far smarter than we are.

The problem is that they are obliged to live in human environments --
which takes us back to the original discussion.  It is up to the human to
keep things safe and sensible for the horse because the horse is not
bright in human things.

Cindy

FH_L Shirts: http://tinyurl.com/8yky94l