This message is from: "ruth bushnell" <fjo...@frontiernet.net>

> My Fjords had intermittent watery diarrhea for years. The breeder's
attitude
> was "Better than colic", but the diarrhea remained an annoyance for years. >
Bonnie in Fl

we've had several FJords, for several years, and never a problem with
diarrhea......?

early on we decided to nix the sweet feed because it so easily molds, and is
not always
detectable by eyesight. we don't feed grains at all, rarely we feed plain
oats.. except for youngsters,
 elders, or working. sweet feed is the equivalency of feeding children candy..
they don't
need it!

we have fed good quality horse hay and natural grass pasture, salt, and water.
neither do
we treat.. no biting. and never any diarrhea.

Ruthie Bushnell, nw mt US