This message is from: "lindy hild" <bah...@comcast.net>

Hi List

We replaced our F(j)ord 250( gas)  with a used  Dodge Cummins( diesel )
truck to pull the 18' steel GN trailer. The Ford couldn't do the Blue Ridge
Mountains in Va and NC, so we had our car guy go online and he found this
gem.  I haul a marathon vehicle and a sporty-build ( vs draft style) Fjord.

We got the 4-door, and the value of the extra room is beyond rubies!  Not a
dually.

Rather than full- length running boards, my husband found a neat step at
Cabela's that unfolds ( yup, fits under the back seat for storage!) and
hooks over the back tire, giving one easy access to the bed.

After driving a Ford and  Dodge, I will stay with the Dodge Ram even though
the Ford has more legroom in the back seat and the hitch location in the
Dodge truck bed is closer to the cab, which requires an off-set ball hitch
to allow tight turns.( That lesson was learned the hard way.. didja know
that when you put the front of the trailer through the rear window of the
truck, it sounds like a shotgun going off in your ear? I didn't either-until
it happened)

The seats in the Dodge are more comfy, and it rides more like a luxury car
than a truck.

Just my 2 cents' worth

Lindy (and Dagney) in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia