This message is from: Loretta Reynolds <hilander5...@yahoo.com>

Hello everyone,
 I don't get a chance to post on the Digest -not enough
hours in the day but I do read faithfully. Which brings me to the reason for
this post.
As often happens once your children are grown you wind up working
more and having less time for doing the things you enjoy. I have found myself
in that situation. I have had my  boy Duncan for 11 years ,bought him when he
was 5.
We have had a lot of fun over the years trail riding and spending time
together. He kept me together when my son was in Iraq for a year.
As a result
of not having the time he is getting bratty. Last weekend a friend of mine and
I were supposed to meet to ride. Duncan was awful. Wouldn't stand for me to
get on and once I did he was very ill mannered. This has been building over
time. I no longer want to go to the barn and when I am there I am angry and
just want to groom him and leave.The sad part is that as I pull out of the
driveway I am relieved that my time there is over. And for me to continue to
spend the money on board, shoes, vet bills, and supplements to go and groom
him twice a week is not the smartest thing to do
Horses used to be the best
way to spend my time and I have been riding since I was a child but that is no
longer the case.
I think it is time for Duncan and I to part company. I won't
be getting another horse after this. He really is a good boy and would make a
great trail horse for someone. He just needs more time than I can give him. I
want him to go to a good situation so I figured offering him here on the
Digest is a good place to start.
Regards,
Loretta