This message is from: mabo...@aol.com

I'm writing in support of Barb Lynch's post about entering the Libby
Evaluation.  As a member of the Evaluation Committee and the co-organizer of
the NFHR Virginia Evaluation, it is my sincere hope that Libby happens in
2013.  I definitely appreciate the challenges in getting a critical mass of
horses together for an Evaluation; several years ago I entered a 28 year old
mare in conformation and performance tests to help make our numbers.  The mare
did fantastically well, but I digress.  It really takes a village approach to
hold an evaluation.

I would encourage everyone to look at the Family Fjord tests.  The Evaluation
Committee has designed them to be welcoming for Fjord owners who primarily use
their horse for recreational activities.  The riding test is walk-trot only
and involves simple obstacles.  The foundation test involves leading your
horse through some exercises.  This test is great for young, unstarted horses
as is the ground driving test.  The driving test also is simple and designed
for the new driver or new driving horse.  I have entered two of my unstarted
youngsters in the foundation test at the upcoming Virginia Evaluation and
welcome the chance to earn a medallion of quality.

So please, consider giving entering Libby for your horse, yourself, your
fellow Fjord owners, and the NFHR.  We have a very special breed and we need
to support it.

Margaret Bogie
Ironwood Farm
Rixeyville, VA

***22 days until the NFHR Virginia Evaluation, Frying Pan Park, Herndon, VA.
Open to the public.  Come join us!*****