This message is from: Shannon <kaplank...@hotmail.com>

"For the younger boy, you might want to search out the gorgeous C.W.
Anderson books (especially the Billy and Blaze ones) or Walter Farley's
Little Black, A Pony series. There's also Big Black Horse, the picture book
version of The Black Stallion.

Diana"

The stories that Diana mentioned were my absolute favorite stories growing up,
which I'm sure fostered my love for horses.
The illustrations are amazing.
I have had the opportunity to share my love of the story of Little Black The
Pony, with my grandson overseas through the incredible technology of Skype!
 When my daughters were younger we read Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite
Henry and brought literature to life by making a family trip to the pony swim
and auction still held every year in July.  We didn't come home with a pony but
we do still have the memories.

*Lori that is an absolutely hilarious story!

Take care and God bless.
Shannon