This message is from: Phillip Odden <n...@centurytel.net>

>> The Minnesota Horse Expo takes place on April 25, 26 and 27 at the
Minnesota State Fair Grounds in North St. Paul. The Midwest Fjord Horse Club
has planned its winter meeting to take place during the Minnesota Horse Expo
this year.
>> Kristin Lee has arranged and supervised the Fjord Horse presence and
demonstrations at the Mn Horse Expo for several years. This year she and her
staff of helpers are ready to welcome a large group of MWFHC members to share
in the early spring celebration. We will have a hospitality stall on Fjord
Aisle in the Horse barn.

>> -----------------
>> Phil Odden has been invited by the Minnesota Horse Expo staff to present
two one hour long clinics in the Agstar arena during the 2014 Minnesota Horse
Expo. The clinics titled Ole and Lena’s Family Fjords will take place on
Friday and Saturday April 25 and 26. Phil plans to use the Norwegian Fjord
Horse Registry Family Fjord evaluation program as a basis for his
presentations. He will talk about form and function with regard to Fjord
conformation. Elements of the NFHR Family Fjord tests will be explained and
demonstrated during the clinics on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday April 27 ,
Phil will present an historical overview of the Fjord horse from its function
in its native country of Norway to North America.

>> Phil Odden from Barronett, Wisconsin together with his wife Else have made
their living as artists for 35 years specializing in traditional Norwegian
woodcarving and furniture making. They breed, raise, train and sell quality
Fjord horses on their rural Wisconsin farm. Phil uses his versatile Fjord
Horses for light draft work, trail riding, packing, hunting, and pleasure
driving. Specializing in pair driving, they show their horses at American
Driving Society sponsored Pleasure Driving shows and Combined Driving Events
in several states each year. In 2010 Phil demonstrated with the ADS at the
Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games at Lexington, Kentucky.  Phil learned from
and contributed to the Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry evaluation program in
America and Fjord Horse International in Europe. Given their extensive
contacts and experience in Scandinavia, Phil and Else lead Odden’s Rural Life
Tours to Norway, Sweden and Iceland each summer.

> For clinic and demonstration times and locations, check out the Minnesota
Horse Expo website at:  www.mnhorseexpo.org

A block of rooms has been set aside at:
BEST WESTERN
Bandana Square