This message is from: Lori Albrough <l...@bluebirdlane.com>

From the get go in Canada, the CFHA states No White Markings.

The NFHR simply says a small white marking is acceptable.

Brian Jensen

We learned in Norway that a small white star has been part of the breed since records have been kept. The famous stallion Rosendalsborken had a sire of whom it is recorded he had a white star. Blazes, stripes, white stockings and socks, however, are not typical of the breed.

A white coronet, or a white or partly white foot, lie in the grey area in between. A horse should be marked down in type for this, but not as much as for larger markings, in my opinion.

I would be wary of throwing the baby out with the bath water. My riding friends would tell you that horses are here to be used.

It seems that the CFHA rule is overly restrictive as it would have prevented Rosendalsborken from being born.

Lori

--
Lori Albrough
Bluebird Lane Fjords