From: Lori Albrough <l...@bluebirdlane.com>
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: Re: Fjord Digest--white markings

This message is from: Lori Albrough

>>From the get go in Canada, the CFHA states No White Markings.
>
> The NFHR simply says a small white marking is acceptable.

> Brian Jensen

We learned in Norway that a small white star has been part of the breed
since records have been kept. The famous stallion Rosendalsborken had a
sire of whom it is recorded he had a white star. Blazes, stripes, white
stockings and socks, however, are not typical of the breed.

A white coronet, or a white or partly white foot, lie in the grey area
in between. A horse should be marked down in type for this, but not as
much as for larger markings, in my opinion.

I would be wary of throwing the baby out with the bath water. My riding
friends would tell you that horses are here to be used.

It seems that the CFHA rule is overly restrictive as it would have
prevented Rosendalsborken from being born.

Lori

--
Lori Albrough
Bluebird Lane Fjords