--- Erik de Castro Lopo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to compile the flac-1.1.1 tarball on a Linux PPC system (a
> G3 iBook
> running Debian Testing).
>
> Configure is fine, but make bombs out almost immediately with:

ppc/lpc_asm.s in flac-1.1.1 assembles (or should) with the native
'as' on OS X, but does not with 'gas'.  I don't know why they're
different.  I'm still trying to figure out how to support both.

altivec is enabled by default, it is not autodetected by configure,
so you have to use --disable-altivec.  since that disables all asm
on PPC in flac-1.1.1 (since it all uses altivec) you might try that
as a workaround to the problem with --disable-asm-optimizations.

Josh