El 04/05/12 11:53, Miroslav Lichvar escribió:
> On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 11:13:05AM -0400, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
>> Both Erick and I did already submitted patches to the tree that do just
>> exactly what your flac-1.2.1-bitreader.patch intended.. please checkout
>> current GIT tree.
>
> The most interesting part of the patch is the rewrite of the
> FLAC__bitreader_read_rice_signed_block function, which in the git repo
> seems to have only couple lines changed since 1.2.1.

Ah ok, I will check it out !

> BTW, how much faster is the code with the clz builtin? If the
> architecture doesn't have the instruction, will be the gcc code as
> fast as the original code?

I do not have access to a host that does not have either bsr, clz,
lzcnt, cntlz or ctlz. if you do, plz share your results ;)

I have no idea what code will be generated in exotic archs, in x86 it
translates to bsr ^ 31U and in the others supported to a single instruction.